to the Montesano School District teaching and learning section of our website. If you have found yourself here wondering: What does Montesano S.D. teach my child? or What is my child learning at school? Then you have come to the correct place.
- With high-quality instruction, every student, regardless of race, class, language, or disability, can succeed.
- Instructional quality can only improve if leaders know what good teaching looks like and act on that knowledge.
- Every policy, practice, and structure in a district must support excellent instruction.
- Improving instruction should be a collaborative, system-wide endeavor
What do students and teachers need to know and be able to do?
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Teaching Framework
How will we know when they have learned it?
What will we do when they haven’t learned it?
- Care Teams
- Learning Assistance Program
- Title I
- Special Education
What will we do when they already know it?