Reminders about Daily Assignments
- Your child should correct mistakes on papers coming home in Homework Folders.
- Many errors are corrected during the school day so teachers can help children understand why they made the errors; however, there are often days teachers simply run out of time to get to everyone in class.
Reminders about Math Homework
- Most teachers send homework home nightly.
- If your child's Homework Folder comes home, there should be homework inside.
- If you have time on the weekend, take a few minutes to review concepts covered throughout the previous week. It will make a difference in your child's overall understanding of basic math concepts.
- One-on-one help at home can provide the extra boost your child needs to master math skills taught in school.
Reminders about First/Second Grade Spelling Homework
- In the Superkids Program, lists come home at the beginning of each unit.
- Students have Memory Words and Pattern Words on their spelling tests.
- Tests occur at the end of a unit.
- In first grade, units are between six and ten lessons. Your child's test will occur on different days of the week depending on when the unit was started.
- In second grade, units take five days and are completed by the end of the week. Tests are on Fridays.
Reminders about Reading Homework
- Read to your child each night.
- Ask your child to read material sent home from school.
- K-2 students can access the Superkids Website in order to have additional reading material available at home.
- If you have not signed up for the website, simply send your email address to your child's teacher and ask that you be entered into the system. It will allow you online access to the Superkids materials.